4/24/2015

Keep calm and shimmy

Hello there

I just noticed that I haven't told you anything about my other hobby, belly dancing, and maybe it is a good time now to tell you why I started belly dancing. Certainly, because it surprises everyone when I tell about my hobby.

Why are they surprised? Well, I doesn't fit in the regular clothing sizes and I certainly have a belly to belly dance. (I blame my sons for that belly, but they were certainly worth it) But still this one hour a week brings me a lot of happiness. But let start at the beginning...

I was looking for a hobby close to my home and that week all the dance classes were starting again after the summer holidays. So I tried belly dancing and clip dancing. I was only 5 minutes in the belly dance lesson and I knew immediately: "This is it!". 

So now I am already at my, I believe, 6th year of belly dancing and it still brings me as much joy as in the beginning. After a frustrating week, it just feels so good to "shimmy" everything off. Even during my pregnancies I went to the classes. With my oldest son I was still dancing a month before labor. I think it was a pretty view for the other belly dancers. So ladies, don't stop with belly dancing because you are pregnant! 

An important reason why I also keep going to the classes week after week, is the great atmosphere. Our teacher doesn't make a distinction between her students. Young, old, big, small... everybody is welcome. This makes that people like me feel comfortable to dance, even on stage.

We just have the right balance between dancing, laughing, discussing, learning new techniques and that makes that I just love to belly dance.

Have a nice weekend 
Tania



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Your comment is very welcome, so do not hesitate to add yours. Jouw opmerking is van harte welkom, aarzel dus niet om die van jou toe te voegen.