5/19/2015

Bags, bags, bags!!!

Dear reader

After a few weeks of illness it was time for some action! On my list: bags, bags and bags. And I loved it! You don't have to be an experienced sewer to start with an easy bag. 

My husband already asked for a sport bag for several months. But it is so difficult to find fabrics for men. Now I have used the army colors for the bag. Not so original and I was really disappointed in the lack of choice for him. Though, my husband is using the bag so it is approved. Yeah!!! I will try to add a picture later. 

The next items on my list was part of a gift. And I went for the summer theme. When you see the fabric, you will say; "that is not for summer". Black, red, blue... Though, everything I sewed is for the summer. And the fabric I used is based on the preferences I received.


I first started with a beach bag. Normally it is a pattern for a shopping bag, so with a lot of fusible interfacing. In my opinion it wasn't necessary for a beach bag, which doesn't need to be so stiff. 




As the beach bag was rather big, I also sewed a little clutch with a nice red placket on the outer fabric. So easy to put a little bit of money in it or your mobile phone. With the wrist belt it is also real easy to carry the cocktails from the beach bar. 



With some fabric leftovers I sewed several cases for sunglasses and a lip balm holder.

And I don't know what you think, but with these bags we are ready for summer! 





Enjoy the nice weather
Tania

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Your comment is very welcome, so do not hesitate to add yours. Jouw opmerking is van harte welkom, aarzel dus niet om die van jou toe te voegen.